Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sound Convertor

I got a friend asked me if I can convert the Ogg format to MP3. So I opened the Package Manager, search the keyword Ogg. I found an application called OggConvert, without reading the long description, I installed it.

Then I found out that I make a mistake, this application actually converting other sound format to Ogg format. Anyway, it's very light, simple and easy to use. Here is how it looks like:-


When I clicked on the Advanced option, it only can convert to Ogg and Matroska format.

Alright, time to find another converter. By using the same keyword, I found an application called Sound Converter. Oh~ why can't I see it in the first place? Because the OggConvert is on top of it. haha.


So this is Sound Converter. Looks very simple too. But when I opened the Preferences, I notice that the MP3 radio button is not active. And I saw this words: "See this howto to enable mp3 encoding" at the bottom. So just click the howto, and then click the Ubuntu 7.10 and more... it will start install the GStreamer MP3 Encoding.


Finally restart the Sound Converter. Yes, can select MP3 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment